High-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) provides regular statements identifying and providing updates on jurisdictions with strategic deficiencies in their anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF) regimes.
These statements lists those jurisdictions and effectively replaces any earlier statements regarding those jurisdictions:
- Statement on high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions - jurisdictions that have strategic AML/CTF deficiencies that have not made sufficient progress in addressing the deficiencies or have not committed to an action plan and those to which countermeasures apply.
- Statement on improving global AML/CTF compliance: ongoing process - jurisdictions that have strategic AML/CTF deficiencies that have developed an action plan with FATF.
Implications for reporting entities
AUSTRAC recommends that reporting entities review their AML/CTF programs to accommodate the information provided in these statements.
The latest FATF statements on high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions are available on the the FATF website.
- Enrolment and remitter registration
- Obligations and compliance
- Important information for industry
- AUSTRAC Online
- Consultation with industry
- Exemptions and modifications
- Start-up businesses and financial services
- AUSTRAC industry contribution