Terrorist organisations list
Under Australian law, an organisation is listed as a terrorist organisation when it is directly or indirectly engaged in:
- fostering, or
a terrorist act (whether or not a terrorist act has occurred or will occur).
Media releases issued by the Attorney-General about the listing or relisting of terrorist organisations can be found on the Attorney-General's Department website.
Obligations for reporting entities
It is an offence to:
- direct the activities of
- be a member of
- recruit for
- train for or receive training from
- get funds to, from or for
- provide support to, and
- associate with
an organisation that has been listed as a terrorist organisation.
- Businesses’ AML/CTF programs should take the listings and related media releases into account.
- Business should consider whether to also submit a suspicious matter or suspect transaction report to AUSTRAC when submitting:
- Enrolment and remitter registration
- Obligations and compliance
- Important information for industry
- AUSTRAC Online
- Consultation with industry
- Exemptions and modifications
- Start-up businesses and financial services
- AUSTRAC industry contribution