Industry specific guides
Gambling is a known method of laundering money. It is used to make the proceeds of crimes look legitimate and to avoid paying tax.
Venues with gaming machines have obligations under AML/CTF legislation, including
- enrolling with AUSTRAC
- protecting your business from misuse by criminals
- reporting suspicious activity to AUSTRAC.
Advice is available:
- print this poster (PDF, 2MB): it has suggestions for protecting your business from money laundering
- read the compliance guide and other material on this site
- call our Contact Centre
More resources are being developed.
- Enrolment and remitter registration
- Obligations and compliance
- Important information for industry
- AUSTRAC Online
- Consultation with industry
- Exemptions and modifications
- Start-up businesses and financial services
- AUSTRAC industry contribution