Please email your application, clearly stating the role you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (or Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time in States where it applies) of the stated closing date. Your application will be provided to the selection committee following the closure of the relevant job application period.
If you wish to withdraw your application at any time, please notify by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your application, clearly stating the role you are applying for, must include the following:
- a completed AUSTRAC job application cover sheet (Word, 116KB)
- a covering letter, no longer than one page, that states why you are interested in the position, and what value you can add to AUSTRAC
- a curriculum vitae, no longer than three pages, that
- outlines your career history and qualifications, and
- includes contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be your current (or most recent) manager
Read the job specification
It is important that you read the job specification before you prepare your application as all of the information, including the job description and capabilities. You are not expected to address the capabilities directly but they should be used to guide your choice of information to include in your covering letter and/or curriculum vitae.
- read the job specification and objectively assess if you believe you have what it takes to be effective in the role
- make contact with nominated contact officer to find out more about the position
- find out more about what AUSTRAC does through our website
- use specific language, e.g. 'I formatted and edited the newsletter' instead of 'we produced a newsletter'
- put your name, role number applied for and page number on the footer of each page
- have someone else read your responses, checking for clarity of expression, spelling and grammar.
More information and tips to help you apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service is available on APSC-Cracking the Code.